ABOUT PLOWDEN & SMITH | CAREERS
Take your career in the art and heritage sector to the next level with Plowden & Smith
We advertise current vacancies on our website, however we are always interested in hearing from talented professionals at all stages of their careers. Please send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be in touch should a suitable vacancy arise.
Senior Client Advisor – Maternity cover up to 12 months
Plowden & Smith is looking to recruit a Senior Client Services Advisor on a full time contract to cover maternity leave of up to 12 months. The salary will be 26-30k per annum depending on experience.
Initial interviews will take place over Zoom where we will ask the candidates to prepare a short presentation. A second interview would follow in person at our studios. The start date would be Monday 5th April. We are looking for an experienced client handler with a minimum of 5 years’ experience working within the art world, who is used to working in a fast paced environment.
The role would suit someone who has previously worked as a registrar with a gallery or a fine art shipper. The desired candidate would have:
The Ability to multi-task • Good organisational skills • The Ability to problem solve • Knowledge of IPR and TA • UK driving licence
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Client Services representative for object enquiries
- Using online database system Synergist to book in, track and invoice jobs
- Liaising with the Conservation Manager with regard to conservator allocation and client requests where necessary
- Liaising with conservators regarding client enquiries when you are designated handler, following the guidelines set out in the process document
- Creating and editing Conservator estimates using Synergist or template where requested
- Liaising with suppliers and subcontractors
- Following up on estimates sent to clients (where you are designated handler)
- Processing Go-Aheads and generating green cards
- Keep clients updated as to progress of their job (as per processes document or as per client requirement i.e. insurance sector)
- Advise client when work is completed and send them completed photos
- Raise monthly invoices
- Run regular billing plans in preparing for Directors meeting
- Editing Articheck condition reports and sending them on to clients
- Raise and distribute Monday work schedule
- Manage the logistics of the weekly collection and delivery schedule ensuring objects are packed and paperwork is prepared in advance
- Working with other members of the client services teams to problem solve and keep jobs within timeframes and costs
- Managing client services administration
- Managing company IPR account (in collaboration with external company)
- Chasing payments, POs and debtors when required
Please send your application along with a covering letter to Sarah Giles to email@example.com by 3rd March 2021
Why work for Plowden & Smith?
- Work with some of the world’s most rare, beautiful and interesting artworks and artefacts, as well as national and international collections
- Work in a stimulating, creative environment
- Free entry to museums and exhibitions being held in the UK and around the world
- Opportunities throughout the year to attend preview nights and private view events
- Personal Continued Professional Development fund
- Child Care Voucher Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
About Plowden & Smith
Founded in London in 1966, Plowden & Smith is the largest fine, decorative and contemporary art and object conservation and restoration company in the UK.
In December 2018 we moved to purpose-built premises in Mitcham where our team of experienced and skilled conservators and restorers work on an extensive range of materials. All our object treatments are informed by science, guided by contemporary ethical considerations and underpinned by industry-recognised standards of best practice. Staff are committed to continued professional development and training.